December 27, 2012

Our First Christmas Morning...alone!


 This year with both sets of parents going to be alone Christmas morning, we decided to make it on our own too.  Like I mentioned, Christmas is just not the same without little kids around, but life isn't always ideal so you make the most of it.  We woke up at 6AM as I always do, and went out to our stockings! Justin's Grandma made the stocking on the right for him when he was little.  When I joined the family I decided that I wanted a matching one, so I had my Grandma teach me to crochet (I'm not proficient trust me) and I made one to match! 
 We thought a Chaco picture would be appropriate as this morning was just another great adventure in our lives!   It was fun opening presents.  We always try to have a couple of surprises which makes it fun!





My Mom's Nativity set she let me borrow.





We bought these cardboard glasses that make every point of light a snowflake or star.  These pictures are me trying to show the effect.  It worked better than I thought!  They are always fun to have at Temple Square with all the lights everywhere!




I got these warm pj's too!


I know it isn't about the gifts, but we had some great ones this year!  Justin got a weight set so that he can work out at home.  I got a beautiful Diamond ring that I've been wanting for a bit, and Justin even surprised me with cabinets for above our Washer and Dryer.  He built them at his Dad's house so I didn't have a clue about it!  I'll post pictures when they are hung and organized! Fun Fun Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment