February 18, 2013

Still patiently waiting...

 As we were awaiting the results of a procedure we went through trying to get pregnant last month, our monthly Ensign came in the mail.  As always the articles, thoughts and stories bring so much comfort and peace in our life.  I found this image and quote very uplifting and appropriate for how I feel a lot of times going through this infertility struggle. 

 “Every one of us has times when we need to know things will get better. . . . My declaration is that this is precisely what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us, especially in times of need. There is help. There is happiness. . . . Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. . . . It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come. . . . Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.”

 Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “An High Priest of Good Things to Come,” Ensign, Nov. 1999, 36, 38.

For more info about this magazine here's a link to it on the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Website: http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/02?lang=eng


So many times I compare my self to others my age, which is not too helpful. When I think about turning 28 next month it is so crazy.  When I was younger I thought that by age 28 I would be married, have at least two kids, be a stay at home Mom and be living the dream.  My husband would have a job and come home at night and we would be the "perfect family."  These thoughts are naive in so many ways.  I tend to focus on the things I don't have rather than what I do.

I don't have children yet. We don't know if or when that blessing will happen for us on our own.  We may be choosing to adopt in the future which is such a blessed option, but honestly not one I would have thought of in my "perfect" dream of a life.  I hope no one is offended by that statement, but honestly when I was a teenager planning my life I always assumed that I would have kids, just like my Mom did, and that there wouldn't be any trouble or roadblocks in that way for me.  Like I said, naive.  

I'm not a stay at home Mom.  I grew up in a family where my Mom worked.  She helped provide for our needs while my Dad finished school, and yet I always KNEW where she would rather have been.  She wanted to be home with us.  There was no doubt because she always told us that.  Justin's Mom never worked after she had kids, (and she had 9 of them!  What a saint!)  Before Justin and I even got married we discussed what we would want for our family.  Ideally.  Well we both felt strongly that I would stay home, if I could after we had kids.  I'm not trying to say that this is what everyone should do.  I'm not saying that this is what WILL happen for us if and when we get the opportunity.  Since I was a little girl, I've always said that when I grew up, I wanted to me a "Mommy."  I have a job right now that I LOVE!!!  I know that I was guided by the spirit to take this job, and I am so grateful I get to work in the office that I do with all the wonderful people at Peck Orthodontics!  But this is just another way that my life looks differently than I thought it would by 28.

Justin doesn't have a full time job with benefits yet.  He's SO close though!  He will finish with his Bachelor's degree early this summer and hopefully be working Full time in his career field sometime this year.?  We will see what the Lord has planned for him in that regard, but he is getting so close. :)

Despite the fact that my life isn't as I'd hoped at 28, so many things are better than I'd hoped.
I LOVE my husband.  I always imagined that I'd love my husband, but really I never dreamed how wonderful marriage would be.  I'm not saying that we don't have struggles and fights; we are definitely not perfect, but we ARE perfect for each other. Everyday I tell Justin how grateful I am that he chose me to spend the rest of Eternity with.

I think more than anything I'm so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  With our foundation centered in Christ and his Atonement for all of our sins and sorrows we know that it will all work out.  Without that knowledge, I feel my life would be a LOT harder. I'm so grateful for peace and comfort, even though my life isn't what I always thought it would be.  I'm starting to realize that if my life was "perfect" and how I'd planned it, I would have missed out on a lot of my favorite memories these past couple of years.  And so here's to another year; 2013 (Wow I feel Old!).  I'm sure many adventures await us this year, and I can't wait!!! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great quote. "Trust God and believe in good things to come, because they will..." Bless you Lauren! There isn't anything that I can say to make it better, but I want you to know that I am here and I care. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete