October 26, 2013

Mount Naomi Hike

My big brother and his family came into town a couple of months ago, and we went on a hike outside of Logan.  We hiked Mt. Naomi Peak.  Justin had to work, but it was my Dad, my brother and his wife and I.  It was really cold!  The Aspen leaves were still on the trees, but turning black from the cold.  It was kinda cool to see!  We started out bright and early in the morning.  It started with just a skiff of snow in the parking lot, but it progressively got a LOT worse.
 
My hiking buddy!



By the time we got to the top of the 
peak it was so foggy and the snow was sooo deep!

The view from the top.




Our Crazy Crew.







The fog really set in on our way out...

As you can tell by Dad's clothes, it was bitter cold. 

I loved how the trees were such a dark green and accented with the white snow! 

As we got to the bottom it was much warmer, and most of the snow had melted.


It was so BEAUTIFUL!!!  God is good to us :)
The colors were so awesome on the way home
Gotta love the sunburst!
I love that my family is adventurous, and I'm so glad that I got to hang out with Reed and Tina!  I don't get near enough face time with them since they've been moving all over the country:)

No comments:

Post a Comment