So we woke on on June 6, 2015 the morning of our ninth anniversary to this view. Breathtaking. This is Yellowstone Lake and it was such a pretty clear morning:) We enjoyed some snuggles before getting up and making breakfast.
Our happy camping faces. I was blissfully happy this morning:)
We packed up after breakfast and drove to Teton National Park. These pictures were taken at Jackson Lake lodge. It has amazing views of these mountains!!
Justin taking advantage of the panoramic setting on the camera!
This is Justin thinking "it's so bright out here and I'm really trying to get us both and the mountains in the shot while looking cool with my eyes open..."
We decided to hike in Cascade canyon for the day. We drove to Jenny Lake, made lunch (top ramen noodles) on our camp stove sitting behind our Subaru with our nice camping chairs (very classy cool). Then we took the ferry across Jenny Lake and started hiking from there. We hiked all the way up the canyon. The weather was great, a little overcast- but that just kept it cool. Beautiful views all day long! Happy Anniversary to us!
Some more wildlife!
The end of the road for us that day, then we turned around and hiked back!
Inspiration point!! Pretty inspiring:)
So all along the hike I was telling Justin how soft the moss looked and how I could just sleep on it. So we took this photo to show how I am a granola flower eating hippie tree hugger at heart ;)
Right before the boat docks on Jenny Lake we ran into a black bear that was cinnamon colored. I've never seen anything like it. It was red. Like red pine needles red. He wasn't too big. He looked straight at us for a split second then went over the top of the hill. No time for photos, but we both got a good look at him. Priceless
I had so much fun on this spur of the moment trip with Justin! It was great to be able to celebrate our way. Not at a fancy restaurant, but in the way we want to- being in the wilderness and enjoying it in the way we love! Thanks for 9 years of adventure babe! Lets have many more to come:)
I love reading of your adventures. Yellowstone is one of our favorite places. Bryce has yet to do Uncle Tom's trail. I think it was 2008 the first time we went and it had been a cold spring and the trail was closed because of ice.
ReplyDeleteI love reading of your adventures. Yellowstone is one of our favorite places. Bryce has yet to do Uncle Tom's trail. I think it was 2008 the first time we went and it had been a cold spring and the trail was closed because of ice.
ReplyDelete