March 18, 2013

Brace Face....Again!

Here's my smile the day before :)













 Well working at an Orthodontist office definitely has its perks! So I had braces in Jr High and got them off when I was 15. I wore my retainers pretty faithfully for 10 years or so, but then slacked off. I was looking at some pictures of our wedding recently and I couldn't believe how much my teeth have moved since then. So I've been thinking about getting braces again, and last Friday was the day! Justin and I decided that if I did get them, the ceramic ones on top would be best. They blend in a Little better than the metal ones. I already look really young, so now I'm feeling like I look about 14 again :(






So before I got them on, Justin took me to the store and I got to get some sticky candies that I won't be able to have for awhile. It was a small candy binge :)

And of course Justin helped me document me getting them on Friday.















I've been teasing everyone that I'd smile normal and then flash my bottom teeth to show the color I chose.  Here it is, and it's pretty freaky looking! 
 
 
  My friend and co-worker Susan also got them on the same day! It's been quite an adjustment, and there have been times I might have thought to myself..."What the heck were you thinking?" but it just takes a little getting used to :) The payoff will be worth it though! Thanks to a great boss for taking time on his day off to help out my smile, Thanks Dr Peck!

2 comments:

  1. Wowza! Awesome. I am always afraid of having to get braces again- I hope not! Though I can't wear my retainer anymore because it doesn't fit :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in those braces, Lauren! Although how COULD that smile get any better or brighter!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete