March 26, 2013

Late March 2013





One of our goals this year is to attend a different temple each month.  We usually go to the Bountiful temple as Ogden temple is under construction right now, but we thought it would be fun to mix it up a little.  The Taylor's came with us for March's Temple, Logan!  It was beautiful and a fun trip.  It was the day after I got my braces on, so I was definitely still adjusting :) 

Grandma Jackie turned 80 years old this March!  Mom and Aunt Judy put together a wonderful open house for her at their church building.  She invited a lot of people and they came and visited her and had all of her favorite treats.  If you just looked at the treat table, you wouldn't know that she was a diabetic!!  She loves candy, treats, and as you can see, Purple!!  We had a little program during it where the other Ganns played How Great Thou Art on String Instruments and then Mom and I sang I'll fly away accompianed by Dad on the Ukelele.  It was fun.  Then Emily gave a life sketch of Grandma and then Grandma herself said a few words.  A good time was had by all.  A week before her party Grandma had quite a fall, so that is why she is a little black and blue.  





Grandma loves the poem about when I'm old I'll wear purple with a red hat.
Pictures of Derek and Reed and Tina and their kids, as they are far away.

Kim and her kids couldn't be there, so we put pictures up of them.


Some of Grandma's handiwork.







A fun time was had by all, I wish I had more pictures of it, but my camera died partway through. :(

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so glad to see these pictures! Thank you for posting them (even though it took me a few months to see them!). While reading through all of this, it has made want to be better about my blog, since I appreciate seeing what you guys are up to. I'm sure people may be interested in what we are up to...I miss you!

    ReplyDelete