Home again. That's right. This sight will always and forever excite me because it leads me home. And I've missed this home ALL year since last time we were home. It's about time!
This year we filled a suburban full and
all journeyed up together! Russel and Kira and their cutie pie little
girl, DeAnn and Cortney, Justin, me and my awesome cousin Angell!
We
stopped in Ashton, Idaho to eat as it is the last stop in
civilization. We went to Frostop and had some really good food. The
excitement was mounting and we were all so excited to get there!
| Yes, Cortney is special sometimes :) |
![]() | ||||
| Picture taken by my bestie DeAnn Taylor |
The gorgeous sunset we witnessed on the way in to Camp. This is Indian Lake. Breathtaking.
We made it into Camp partway through their Friday night campfire program. We snuck in the back of the campfire seats hoping not to disturb the staffers and Scouts as they enjoyed the performances. What a wonderful feeling to receive hug after hug from so may lifelong friends as they realized we were finally there. Such a welcome thing in my life. My Justin has taught me to value each hug I give and receive, and what each means. :) So grateful.
The next moring we were off to go Huckleberry picking. We probably didn't pick the BEST spot, but it was super fun and yummy too! Angell discovered this tree and it was a good photo op.
Some of the happy Huckleberry pickers
My loot. This is the first year that I've eaten all of my berries fresh. I really didn't have that many, but they were so delicious!! I think I'll always have Huckleberry fever.
After lunch we went climbing at Weather Rock. It isn't the most scenic of the climbing at Loll, but it was what was available to us, and it was great. I'm always grateful that the Staffers are willing to work on their weekend to help the Alumni and families go down memory lane. Thanks Staff!
Me :)
The talented Angell :)
The view of the Lake of the Woods from above.
Aaron and Jackson helped us rappel down Weather Rock. Scenic view and lots of fun.
Next we went down to the Waterfront and did the swim check! Brrrrr.....
Gotta love the first reaction coming out of that water after jumping in!
Angell rocking her swim check!
So glad we're still friends! And thanks for documenting our fun in the water DeAnn! We were way too wet and cold to think about it:)
Justin took us sailing. He LOVES sailing here. It's not the ocean, but it's Loll so he's happy.
We even got up on one pontoon at one point!
Dreamland...
Fun at mealtime:) They look so innocent?!
Crazy face contest- I'm pretty sure these two won!
I LOVE this sign! It cracks me up! This is a great example of why Camp Loll is still so beautiful and backwoodsy. They are super concerned about keeping on the trail, and leaving nature untouched so that ALL can enjoy it. :)
Cousins!
We did have some AMAZING star gazing opportunities. I always wish I could capture that in photo, but I'm sure even if I could it would pale in comparison to the reality of just how exquisite it really is. Over 10 shooting star sightings is pretty awesome:) The milky way is so visible and it really makes you think. Deep. I'm always so grateful for the strengthening of my testimony of God and his creations. And his love for me. Only a loving God would create a space like this for so many Scouts and individuals to grow in so many ways.

It was so fun showing Angell my old stomping ground up at Loll. Even after only 2 days I think she could feel the magic that is there.
Beautiful Polar Bear Springs. Yes even though we don't have pictures of it, Justin, Angell and I are all Polar Bear Members!
Back in Civilization again. This is just all the Girlies that went! It was soooo Fun! Until next year girls!
And to Lake of the Woods, see you again Labor Day!
![]() |
| Photo by DeAnn Taylor |













No comments:
Post a Comment