November 30, 2013

November 2013





November started out with a trip to Cedar City to see our friends and family! First thing we went with Justin's sister and her husband and did a session at the St. George temple.  It was so neat!  I love being in the house of the Lord, and we've never done a session in St. George, so that was cool too.  As we were wandering the halls looking at paintings and photos that were hung up they even snagged us for some quick sealings. I love being part of the wonderful Hansen family, and feel blessed that we get along with all of Justin's siblings so well:)



Aaron and Cassie built a home this spring, summer, and fall and we couldn't wait to see it!  It is beautiful!  We love any excuse to see this cutie too!  Here she is looking at her Uncle Justin:)




She's so cute, I love those teeth!!!



 
 They live out in the "country" and this is the view out their window.  I love the Sunburst! 


 

We had some fun playing games and snuggling by the fire after the little one was in bed:) 
 

 We got to go to their Stake Conference and heard some awesome talks.  My favorite talk was by Elder Scott.  He talked a lot about Young Women, well just Women in general.  Here is a basic summary of what I loved about his talk:
*Satan is on a campaign to ruin God's daughters divine worth. Wives are not second class citizens.
*Girls can dress immodestly because they think that is what boys want.Girls can tend to focus on their interests, rather than things of God. 
*Counsel to brothers: Compliment your sister when she looks especially nice, open doors for her.  
*Counsel to Fathers: As a Father pay special attention to each daughter.  When she has your love and warmth, she will not seek approval from inappropriate sources.  Treat your wife with love and respect as a good example to your daughter.  Pray to Heavenly father for Supernal confirmation of her divine individual worth. 

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!  It is so nice to get direction from those wiser than ourselves. 
 As usual the visit seemed to go faster than we wanted. We got to see this Temple going up on our Drive home.  Any guesses??  Payson, Utah Temple! 

 We went out to dinner with Mom and Dad for Veteran's Day at Famous Dave's BBQ.  It was fun, yummy and always good to recognize the two most important Men in my life for their service:) 

 This year we had a Pre Thanksgiving celebration at cousin's on our Gann side.  It was really fun, but I only got a picture of the yummy pies:)
 Justin and I got to go see Thor 2 for free through my work!  It was a good, but intense movie.  I loved the Free part of course, and it helps having my own personal "Thor" to snuggle with during to scary parts. 


 My Bestie DeAnn and I went hiking in November and it was gorgeous!  I loved the sun peeking through the leaves that still remained on the trees, and the crispness of the weather.  There is not a better girl's date in my opinion than hiking out in God's beauty.







 Thanks for being my friend DeAnn! Sometimes we also attempt really hard puzzles late at night.  (Maybe it was really hard BECAUSE we started it late at night?)  We did finish this one, but it was a doozy:)


This year my Thanksgiving assignment was two fruit pies.  I always make Cherry, so I decided to make an apple pie as well.  It was my first apple pie ever, so I was kinda nervous!  It turned out yummy though! 




 Me with my two pies!  Thanksgiving this year was at Justin's sister Lori's house up in Odgen.  It was craziness as usual, but lots of good food and fun!


 I also went to a "turkey day burn" Zumba class at a local gym.  I've tried Zumba a couple times before and have loved it!  I could definitely do this more often for exercise cause it's so fun too!  I went with some of my co-workers.  Here is Becky, Megan, Ingrid, and me with our Awesome Zumba instructor Kymmy!


No comments:

Post a Comment