December 19, 2013

December


 This year Thanksgiving was less than a month from Christmas.  It felt so weird!  I kept getting the urge to set up the tree before Thanksgiving, which usually doesn't happen.  So Justin was a dear and let me.  Here is a picture of our Annual Swarovski Christmas ornament.  They are Crystal and beautiful. 
Every year I have an inner conflict.  It seems that Christmastime is my favorite time of year, but I also kinda dread it.  It gets so busy and I feel like we don't have time to enjoy the simple things that I grew up loving about this time of year.  So this year I really tried to slow down (even if it was just every once in a while) and remember the reason for all this excitement.

 This was a Pinterest idea for getting a non traditional picture of your Chrismas tree.  I thought it turned out cool!
This year I thought it so appropriate to display our Navity set (on loan from my Mom) along with a Christus statue that we have.  Why is His birth so important?  So that He could die for us and Save us ALL. 




 We had a really cold beginning of December, followed by some wonderful, snow. 


The view from my chair at work...

And the front office got to look out to a Winter wonderland!  I love looking at views like this, as long as I'm Warm!!
 I put together this Temple Puzzle I got:)  I'm loving puzzles right now...

 Here are our Freaky Friday the 13th faces..  I know- we are crazy!!


 Early in the month Justin took me to see the lights in Ogden.  It was cold, but fun to see all the displays.  I was so bundled up!!




 My Wonderful boss took all of us coworkers and spouses out to eat at the Sonora Grill in Ogden, and then we went and played some games afterward.  Here is a picture of our Winning team at one of the games.  Justin is always surrounding himself with cute girls:)


 Lexi, Becky and us.... Winners!



We took some time out for game playing.  This is a hilarious game where you write a sentence, then the next person draws it out.  Then the next person can only see the drawing and has to guess the sentence.  You keep passing it around until it gets back to you.  It is pretty funny to see how they end up.  We were crying it was so funny! 
Here's my favorite one of the night!   It started with Mom, then passed to Dad, then Derek, then Justin, and I wrote the last sentence.  Not even close!

Here's a quick selfie showing my progress with Braces.  Looking good! 
I snapped this picture at one of our friends house.  It is so beautiful!
Justin and I went down to Temple Square in Salt Lake City and also went and saw a Scouting exhibit they had set up at a Museum downtown.  I thought this sign was especially funny. 
This was the coolest scout quilt that a man's wife had made for him.  So much work, but a great way to display all the work and awards he'd put into the Boy Scouts of America!

The lights at Temple Square are pretty spectacular!

This Red tree is always my favorite one. 
So grateful for this season, and for this Holy House.  6 years ago we were sealed for Eternity here!  So grateful that even though life is hard and not always what we think it will be, that I have this wonderful Man by my side.  He is my best friend and takes such good care of me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment