I'm always saying how much I hate the cold and the winters here in Utah, but it turns out I'm really grateful for the seasons here. Driving down the road in the winter and seeing freshly fallen snow on the mountains always gets me thinking about how beautiful it is. Here's a shot from Layton in February.
Justin got some snuggle time with our niece right after bath time one night. She is so cute!! Right now (August) she's going through a phase where she won't let you hold her for too long without her freaking out for her parents. So glad we already got these snuggles in, to last us until she's less worried about "Stranger Danger!"
Justin and I both got fabulous new down sleeping bags! They were quite an investment, but worth it, as we go backpacking often. We also got a new tent with a little more room in case we have a little one coming with us soon! We can always hope right?
Grandma Jackie's Anniversary is on Valentines Day. She's been a widow since she was like 40 or so, so I'm sure it's kinda a hard day for her. I decided to bring her a little surprise and visit with her! She was in good spirits and we had a great visit!
Justin and I had a romantic evening as well with a candlelit dinner and some bubbly cider to celebrate another year of being together on the day of love. He's been around for far more than he's missed now, but I always remember our days early on when he was gone so often and am grateful that he is with me so much more now.
Reed came into town in February! We took some time and all went rock climbing at 9th street in Ogden, even though it was quite cold for a little bit. We had so much fun! I love that my brothers and Justin have so much in common and get along so well. I also love that they let me tag along even though I'm a GIRL!!
| Reed |
| Jess |
| Derek, look at those Ghanain shorts! |
| Trying out my new climbing helmet, even though I don't really need it here:) |
| My hubby |
Beautiful sunset:)
More snuggle time!
One of our favorite games lately is kinda like Telestrations, but the homemade version. Here's another funny one that happened.
It has become a family tradition for the Hansen's to go to Time Out For Women every February. We usually go with Justin's Mom since it is right near her birthday, but she was in Nauvoo, so we all ended up going without her this year. They have guest speakers and musical guests and it is a fabulous time. I'm so glad I married into a family with so many sisters! I love them and we have so much fun together!
Justin turned 30 this year! I'm realizing that we didn't take any pictures. :( We threw a big party for him and some of his Camp friends that have birthdays around the same time. We had a lot of fun visiting and playing games. Just no pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment