So as the Young Women's President, I have an awesome job. I get to hang out with some truly amazing girls at least twice a week, and sometimes even more than that. Well as part of our camp certification (and mostly because we all just really wanted to) we went on a short overnight backpacking trip with the Laurels last weekend. We went to Fehr lake in the Uintahs. I've only ever been to Lymon lake in the Uintah's before. I love it there, but this trip reminded me so much of Camp Loll, just with the wild flowers and wilderness surroundings. I loved it, and had a blast! We hiked past 2 lakes, and camped at the third lake, Hoover. While hiking in it was raining, but we heard a waterfall. We decided to go find it after setting up camp. It was so pretty :)
 |
| My Pretty Laurels! |
 |
| Justin got to come as a Priesthood leader! |
 |
| As always, a little craziness was present :) |
 |
| I had a "little" extra room in my poncho... |
 |
| Moapa Lake with Lilly pads. |
We discovered this beautiful lake was not too far away. I'm pretty sure it was discovered when a girl went to pee FAR AWAY from camp. Oh the joys of being a girl in the woods.
 |
| An Exo skeleton of some bugs that we found. Justin thinks that they shed their skin when they grow. All we know is that they looked creepy, but were empty! |
 |
| I love the colors in this photo! |
 |
| CREEPY!! |
We went back to camp after exploring and got dinner ready. As always when backpacking, food always tastes so much better!!
 |
| Justin bringing some dry wood for us! Ever studly... I'm so lucky! |
 |
| Chaco Morning picture! |
It's hard to see in these pictures, but there were wildflowers everywhere in these meadows. It was like ten times more beautiful than the "meadow" in Twilight.
 |
| Richardson's Geranium |
Our last look at the wilderness.
Of course I love the wildflowers. I documented all the flowers I could find, but I'm not sure I have these names right... We are so blessed to be able to see God's handiwork so close to home. So much beauty to behold, not enough time to enjoy...
 |
| Cutleaf Balsamroot |
 |
| Mountain Bluebell |
 |
| Gauge Plant |
 |
Yellow Lilly Rose |
 |
| Desert Paintbrush |
 |
| Elephants Head |
Wow, these are amazing photos! You do have an eye for the beauty in nature. And of course, your life is full of fun and adventures! Part of a great summer!
ReplyDelete